Wednesday 1 September 2010

The new adventures of the Crab Man

Had my first ever operation yesterday, a hernia op at the Victoria Infirmary in Kirkcaldy. Suppose I should count my blessings that I've managed to last this long without going under the knife. Simple enough it appears - they walked me into the theatre, gassed me, I went out like a light and woke up rambling and incoherent an hour or so later (nothing new there then).

One toe-curling moment - on my first post-op trip to the loo I fainted like a big woos. Got up too early and collapsed in a heap. God what an embarrassment. So much for the ironic, detatched cool I was attempting all day.

They released me back into the community in the evening but I'm pretty sore and immobile, limping and hunched over. I can manage a crab-like scuttle that gets me about the house, but I'm unlikely to make it back to work for a week or so. Lets hope the early September weather keeps up and I can sit outside when not writing a load of crap here.

No comments:

Post a Comment