Friday 1 April 2011

Nobody's fool on April Fools day

Officially my first day of retirement although I've already been off for two weeks. Tonight I have my latest leaving do in Edinburgh, shared with a few other souls to save cash. I've had virtually nothing to do with the organisation of it and will basically just turn up on the night. I'll go into town in the afternoon and probably meet up with Tommy and Robin for a few drinks first. It almost seems like one celebration too many frankly, after the others that have gone before it, but hopefully I'll catch up with some people I haven't seen for some time and god knows what will eventually happen.

Everything has gone smoothly so far; all the pension pot monies have come in and been distributed around other accounts until I do some further investments after I come back from Morocco. The actually monthly pension itself is expected to be paid in from the middle of each month.

Up to now everything has been as easy as I expected. I'm not bored, appear to have plenty to do and have set myself up with Bannatyne's gym membership where I should be able to hang around for hours on end. Or perving by the pool as Fiona describes it.

No doubt there will be boring days but you have to remind yourself that there are always boring days in life. How many days did I spend at work bored out of my tiny? Too many in latter days.

First day of unemployment in over 25 years just the same. Can't help but feel a bit strange and something of a red letter day. Still here's to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment